|Illinois Concealed Carry Training - 16 hours
Illinois Concealed Carry Training will qualify you for an Illinois concealed carry permit. The required 16-hour firearms training includes range qualification and will cover: firearm safety, basic principles of marksmanship, care, cleaning, loading, and unloading of a concealable firearm, state and federal laws relating to ownership, storage, carry, and transport of a firearm, and weapon handling and qualification.
To attend, you must -
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Possess a valid Firearm Owner Identification card
• Possess a valid state ID or driver’s license
• Be allowed by both state and federal law to legally possess a firearm
• Be able to follow all directions given by training staff
• Be physically capable of safely and effectively operating a firearm
The Illinois State Police will accept up to 8 hours of in-person training already completed toward the 16 hour training requirement for Military with active duty papers or DD 214 (Military Discharge Form). For a complete list of acceptable training courses, please click on the link below.
Click here for a list of eligible training courses.
Participant must demonstrate proficiency before qualifying for an Illinois Concealed Carry permit.
For the latest information on the implementation of Concealed Carry in Illinois, visit the Illinois State Police Website at